“The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few” – Luke 10:2
Statement of Faith
Arvada Baptist Church is an Independent, Fundamental, Baptist Church.
Arvada Baptist Church is not a member of any ecclesiastical organizations (i.e. Baptist Bible Fellowship, Southern Baptist, General Association of Regular Baptist Churches) but is wholly independent. Arvada Baptist Church does fellowship with the Mountain States Baptist Fellowship which is group of fellow Independent Baptist Churches in the Rocky Mountain region.
Arvada Baptist Church believes that there are certain essential truths which should be believed and defended by all Christians.
- The Scriptures: We believe that the Bible (66 books) was written by men who were moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21) and inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16). This inspiration was verbal (each word – 1 Corinthians 2:9-13) and plenary (completely – 2 Timothy 3:16-17) and extends to the original writings. It is the true center of Christian union and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinions should be tried.
- Deity of Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God. He asserts oneness with the Father (John 10:10) and is called God (Hebrews 1:8). We believe He has the characteristics of God (John. 8:58, Matthew 28:18) and is of the same substance as the Father (Colossians 2:9), therefore, He is God.
- Virgin Birth: We believe the coming of Christ “in the flesh” was predicted by Isaiah and processed by the Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7:14; 9:6). He was born of Mary alone (Matthew 1:16) and conceived of the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35).
- Substitutionary Atonement: We believe Christ died in the place of sinners (1 Peter 3:18) in order to pay the debt owed by sinful man to a righteous God (1 John 2:2).
- Bodily Resurrection of Christ: We believe Christ arose from death and the grave after three days (Luke 24:36-46; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).
Arvada Baptist Church believes in the truths which historically have separated Baptists from other denominations.
- Bible as our sole authority of faith and practice (2 Peter 1:3; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Autonomy of the local church (Acts 6:1-6; Matthew 18:17)
- Priesthood of all true believers (1 Peter 2:9)
- Two office: Pastor and Deacon (1 Timothy 3:1-15; Titus 1:6-9)
- Individual soul liberty (2 Corinthians 4:2; 5:10; Titus 1:9)
- Saved and baptized church membership (Ephesians 4:3; 1 Corinthians 12:12; 2 Corinthians 6:14)
- Two ordinances: Baptism and The Lord’s Supper (Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-34)
- Separation of church and state (Matthew 22:21; Romans 13:1)
Bible Study and Prayer